Hey PR Gals,
Nowadays, job descriptions in the communications industry are quite blurry. How do you know PR is the thing for you? Well, here are some resources!
- This quiz (hey, I love a good quiz)
- This article is a good way to decide between PR and Marketing, which have slight differences.
- And typical “Signs You Should be a PR Major“
If you’re on the fence, I hope these links help you out!
[Samantha Jones WHO?!]
In case you have not been formerly introduced, meet C.J. Cregg. She’s the Press Secretary for the White House on the show The West Wing (now on Netflix), and she’s basically all of my #PRGOALS.
1. She’s a BAMF who isn’t afraid of anyone.
2. And she never shies away from honesty.
3. Yeah, not really the PR woman you want to cross.
4. Let’s not forget the truth bombs she constantly drops.
5. C.J. doesn’t sit idly by when people try to tarnish her reputation, or the reputation of the White House.
6. BONUS: Unlike most female characters on television (women written by men who can’t comprehend that a woman can have a career and a sex drive) she has a career, is super intelligent, AND she owns her sex! INSPIRED!
C.J. is quirky, clever, honest, and an amazing communicator. She rocks the white house press room every episode and inspires COM girls everywhere. We are BLESSED to have such a well-written PR woman. Thank you Sorkin!!!
In Boston there’s only one thing that has a higher population than Red Sox fans. And no, it’s not the amount of bad drivers… It’s college students scouting for internships. This winter, like thousands of students in the city of Boston, I came to the realization that I was about to finish my second year and needed to get started on the internship search.
My first thought: How the hell do I get an internship?
The process of crafting a resume and cover letter is exhausting, especially when you have to make five different versions to fit the different internships you’re applying to (and on top of that: the mountains of studying you have to do during the school year!)
And since I have been through this grueling process I’ve collected my favorite sources JUST FOR YOU!
Tips for Cover Letters:
Tips for Resumes:
Some places you can browse for Internships:
Happy hunting PR Gals!